Curly Hair Routine
My New Curly Hair Care Routine!
After messing up my curls doing a few years of a blonde balayage, and then using a harsh home-dye, I was in desperate needs to get my hair back to being healthy and voluminous. My hair is naturally fine, so most curly hair products that people recommend weigh my hair down and make it oily. After lots of trial and error, this is the routine I have found to work the best.
* Any moisturizing conditioner will do, but I've noticed a big difference using this shampoo.
I usually wash/do this routine 1-2 times per week.
1. Wash hair in shower. Make sure scalps is thoroughly cleansed and all built up product is washed out.
2. Condition hair for 3-5 minutes while you wash the rest of your body.
3. Finger comb your hair as much as possible before going in with a comb or brush.
4. Rinse with cold water (this holds in the moisture).
5. Dry lightly with a t-shirt or microfiber towel. NEVER USE A REGULAR TOWEL!
6. While hair is still wet, apply Marc Anthony from scalp to ends. Comb through so product is distributed evenly.
7. Apply quarter size amount of Cantu to palm and distribute to bottom half of hair. DO NOT USE ON ROOTS. This product is kind of heavy and ca weigh the hair down if there’s too much.
8. Add gel on the ends of hair as well for definition.
10. Now SCRUNCH! Scrunch like crazy for curl definition. I use my t-shirt to scrunch and remove excess product.
9. Allow hair to dry for 10-20mins
10. Once hair is partially dry, use diffuser to dry hair on medium speed and alternate between medium and high heat. Usually 15-30 mins.
11. Do not touch hair. Fluff out with comb or with a little Aragon oil on your hands
If I have time the night before wash day, I like to coat my hair in coconut oil for a moisturizing mask. Just make sure to cleanse well in the shower the next day.